Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
WebRTC is a new standard that provides web and mobile apps with real-time communications. WebRTC makes it easy to deliver streaming video and audio communications to the browser and mobile platforms.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Reggie Dawson will teach you how to use WebRTC to enable audio, video and data communications in the browser. Along the way, you’ll use the WebRTC API to build a series of simple apps that demonstrate video streaming with webcams and data channels. You’ll also learn how to use key WebRTC signaling protocols such as ICE, STUN and TURN.
What You’ll Learn
- The basic components of WebRTC and how it works.
- How to implement real-time communications using the MediaStream API and the getUserMedia method.
- How to use the RTCPeerConnection method to create a connection.
- How to use RTCDataChannel to pass data between peers.
- Understand the ICE, STUN and TURN communications protocols.
About the Instructor
Reginald Dawson is a longtime network admin who has finally moved over to coding. Skilled in web development and obsessed with frameworks (Angular, Meteor and Ionic to name a few), he is using his past experience as an instructor to help others learn to use technology.