Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
This is the best news and newspaper template available. This bestseller theme is perfect for blogging and excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It supports videos from YouTube. AMP and mobile ready. GDPR compliant, the theme is fast, simple, and easy to use for a cryptocurrency, fashion, food, lifestyle, modern, personal, travel, luxury, viral, minimal, minimalist projects and more.
Integrated with Instagram, bbPress Forum, BuddyPress and WooCommerce, it uses the best clean SEO practices. Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at its absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compressed to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with Ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes its structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the script loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a YouTube url and the site will automatically download the largest image available from the clip and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easily from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 8 category templates styles
- 12 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 19 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position(left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have its own sidebar. Also, all the author, search, tag, blog index templates have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google Analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 14 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show the most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allows you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 25 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Marius, Alin, Nicu, Radu, Emil, Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi, John, Simion, Alexandra and Eliza from tagDiv
For the latest update news please follow our blog on http://tagDiv.com/blog
Version 9.0.1 – August 10th, 2018
- fix: block with title, column text and raw html elements crashed on specific circumstances
Version 9.0 – August 9th, 2018
- new: tagDiv Composer now supports undo and redo actions.
- new: Classy demo. The first demo that is fully customizable with the drag and drop functionality. All the templates (like the author, category, single post, etc.) can be modified with tagDiv Composer.
- new: tagDiv image style: center full width – available in the image details panel while editing a post. This option centers the image and leaves it full width. This image style is very useful and enables creative designs with full images when the article has no sidebars.
- new: flex block 3, 4, and 5. The new flex block elements enable unique layouts with a lot of flexibility.
- new: option to hide the caption on featured images that are used on custom single templates.
- new: reviews are now fully supported on custom single templates.
- new: ajax pagination (load more, next prev, and autoloading) on the loop shortcode. This shortcode is used to create the archive templates, category templates, author templates, and others using the Cloud Library
- new: now you can load and select custom templates from the Cloud Library and customize them with tagDiv Composer: 404, archive, attachments, search and tag templates. Each author and category page can have a custom template.
- new: Pinterest on the Social Counter plugin
- new: 140+ customizable sections
- new: 39+ contact and about pages
- new: 15+ category templates
- new: 24 editable footers
- misc: the breadcrumbs now support custom links so you can easily override the ones provided by WordPress on custom templates like the author, single page, categories, and many more.
- misc: the breadcrumbs on custom templates now produce JSON-LD for SEO.
- misc: the local templates on tagDiv Cloud Library now can be filtered by type (single, category, author, etc.).
- misc: two new custom fonts spots. Now the theme can load up to 5 custom fonts.
- fix: the column text and block with title text is now encoded, so this should prevent problems when the page is manually edited.
- fix: various multi-purpose elements like recent comments and text with image.
- fix: live CSS button was not working on the Firefox browser.
- fix: various permissions checks in tagDiv Composer for the editors and authors. Now an editor can use the plugin but cannot change the header of the site or other sitewide settings.
- fix: Visual Composer 5.5+ interferes with tagDiv Composer functionality.
- fix: border-radius setting on buttons.
- fix: icon box description font was not working as expected.
- fix: CSS issues when speed booster is active.
- fix: while editing a custom single template, the comments now look just as they display on the front end
- fix: tagDiv Amp plugin now sanitizes the footer text as expected.
- fix: smart list 6 CSS fixes.
- fix: when using custom templates from tagDiv Cloud Library, the theme now displays the “no posts text” as expected.
- fix: offset support on loops that are used in custom templates now works as expected.
- fix: weather widget now allows a city id.
- fix: various fixes to the footer page.
- fix: various Firefox specific fixes regarding the shadow.
- fix: WPML support on author templates.
Version 8.8.2 – June 28th, 2018
- new: added support for multiple sticky sidebars. The setting is available when you select a column in the tagDiv Composer page builder
- new: custom URL option for RSS in tagDiv Social Counter plugin
- misc: better UI while customizing the flex block elements
- misc: tagDiv Cloud Library now loads faster as we’ve improved the servers speed and the way it loads data
- misc: on every theme update, if any of our plugins are not compatible with the new version, there will be displayed a warning message
- misc: the playlist shortcode now allows you to add custom classes
- misc: flex blocks now support author photos
- misc: support for footer shortcuts in the AMP theme version
- fix: row divider background color
- fix: the footer site link color now takes the global site color
- fix: block 5 title font was not working correctly and it was fixed to perform well
- fix: WPML flag in post content
- fix: the conflict between tagDiv Cloud Library and Jetpack plugin. Our Vue router was loaded on “wp-admin,” and it was conflicting with the Jetpack’s React router
- fix: templates loaded from tagDiv Cloud Library for author, search, 404, etc. were loaded on the mobile theme
- fix: if the footer is disabled, from now on, it will be hidden on the AMP theme version too
- fix: various typos in the Theme Options panel
- fix: Pinterest block API issues. It also has better error messages
- fix: Slider 2 element problems
- misc: better error messages when tagDiv Composer encounters a problem
Version 8.8.1 – June 9th, 2018
- fix: page settings removed from tagDiv Cloud templates
- fix: tagDiv Social counter issue while editing with tagDiv Composer
- fix: display errors on the theme Welcome page
- fix: general issues with tagDiv Cloud Library
Version 8.8 – June 5th, 2018
- new: We are introducing the tagDiv Cloud Library plugin with over 140 pre-made sections, page templates, and dynamic layouts. Read More
- new: This version brings you a brand new template building system that lets you create dynamic templates with tagDiv Composer and use them on author pages, single, category, etc.
- new: Over 50 new blocks that pull data on the dynamic templates. For example, a single dynamic template made with drag and drop can display all your posts.
- new: update button for included plugins. The theme automatically keeps the tagDiv Composer and the Social Counter plugin up to date. If you want to do it manually, now you have a dedicated button.
- misc: when the mb_string extension is missing, the theme now displays a warning instead of a white screen.
- misc: added checks in the status panel for mod_substitute, gd library and other required extensions.
Version 8.7.5 – May 23rd, 2018
- new: we added support for the private policy WordPress page on the login/register modal window.
- new: setting to disable google fonts in theme panel – fonts – google fonts settings. You can load local font files and use them instead of external fonts.
- misc: the tagDiv Multi-Purpose plugin is included in the tagDiv Composer plugin. There is no need to install the Multi-Purpose plugin now, as all the functionality was moved in tagDiv Composer.
- misc: the plugin update system was completely rewritten from scratch. It tries to update the plugin using multiple ways and if it fails, it will show an admin notice with information about what plugin failed and why.
- misc: all plugins now have a built date on them besides the version.
- misc: the theme is GDPR compliant now.
- new: shortcuts to use in the footer text – date, sitelink, privacy_policy and more. The list of shortcuts is available in the theme panel next to the setting.
Version 8.7.4 – May 4th, 2018
- fix: flickering problem on the latest version of chrome
- fix: facebook social counter now only requieres the profile page and no api key. This provides a simpler setup
- fix: art creek and sound radar demos
- fix: wrong urls in wp-admin that pointed to the documentation
- fix: header 8 when used with the boxed setting
- fix: Text Block with Title remove default text from frontend
- fix: various fixes to flex block 1
- misc: added text logo and tagline to font settings
- fix: block 24 thumb on mobile
- fix: mobile theme path problems on some hosts/servers
- fix: removed author vcard when author box is disabled
- misc: category description allows paragraphs
- misc: html5 shim for older ie is now loaded from cloudflare
Version 8.7.3 – April 18th, 2018
- new: font settins can now be saved as a preset and apply on all the blocks from tagDiv Composer easly
- fix: pinteres board url
- fix: facebook videos support now works again
- fix: we updated to the latest instagram api, this should fix all the problems
- fix: updated multipurpose plugin with fixes for: boarders, image settings, newsletter and font settings
- fix: Big grid slider with no posts
- fix: Various css fixes
- fix: header ad when block template 17 is used
- fix: gallery slider now works in pages as expected
- fix: background click ad on template 8
- fix: amp points and percents are working as expected now
- fix: css fixes for trending now block
Version 8.7.2 – February 27th, 2018
- improvement: improved tagDiv composer selection mask. New colors and better ui, now the controls are outside of the selection mask, this allows better selection for small items.
- improvement: wp-admin performance issue. We optimized the composer to load only what’s needed and where is needed. Wp-admin speed should greatly improve.
- improvement: huge speed improvemnts in tagDiv composer editor. We did a full memory consumption audit for tagDiv Composer and we fixed a few memory leaks.
- improvement: we removed unneded confirmations from tagDiv composer. For example when the content of the page was not changed and a user wanted to close the composer.
- improvement: when closing tagDiv Composer you will be redirected to the previeous page instead of the default edit page. We found that this provides a better user experience
- improvement: tagDiv composer now has a new color picker script that is a lot faster then the old one. The same color picker is used on the widgets.
- improvement: we added a couple of new social icons that are available on the top bar and footer of the site
Version 8.7 – February 14th, 2018
- new: tagDiv AMP plugin – tagDiv’s solution for implementing Google AMP in WordPress
- new: tagDiv Newsletter plugin – newsletter form beautifully designed with over 8 styles
- new: tagDiv Multi-purposer version 2
- new: 8 new installable demos
- new: Crypto News installable demo – view demo
- new: Nature love installable demo – view demo
- new: Raw & Wild installable demo – view demo
- new: Ink Parlor installable demo – view demo
- new: City News installable demo – view demo
- new: Wine Aroma installable demo – view demo
- new: News Week installable demo – view demo
- new: Coffee Blog installable demo – view demo
- new: responsive options for shortcodes in tagDiv Multi-purpose plugin
- new: responsive font options for shortcodes in tagDiv Multi-purpose plugin
- new: responsive options for theme shortcodes
- new: responsive font options for theme shortcodes
- new: content length option for blocks and big grids
- new: 1 new content block – flex block
- fix: allow underscore and space to the sidebar name
- fix: php 7.2 compatibility
- fix: save row and inner-row option in tagDiv Composer
- fix: caption alignment in WordPress 4.9
Version 8.6 – January 4th, 2018
- new: social sharing networks, the theme now supports Linkedin, Tumblr, Email sharing, Telegram, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, VK, LINE and Viber
- new: ability to reorder the social icons with drag and drop from the theme panel
- new: 20 social icons styles for social sharing
- new: if the icons do not fit on screen the theme will automatically hide them
- fix: google maps embedded in Raw HTML composer element
- fix: better printing style for posts
- fix: CSS adjustments for block 16 on mobile
Version 8.5.1 – December 6th, 2017
- fix: the new update broke the child theme support and it’s now fixed
- fix: color picker on widgets
- fix: next/prev on post templates
- fix: the live CSS was injected before some of the panel CSS and it didn’t overwrite it without using !important
- fix: single image page builder element disappeared from the page when no image was present
- fix: category template 2 and 5 CSS issues
- fix: retro demo typos
- fix: search icon problems – also please try to hit save in the theme panel to regenerate the CSS cache of the theme
- fix: speed booster is now compatible with our multi-purpose plugin
- fix: icons used for templates in our page builder where missing
Version 8.5 – November 28, 2017
- new: tagDiv Multi-Purpose plugin with 21 content elements for tagDiv Composer
- new: empty page template for landing pages
- new: page template with overlay menu for landing pages
- new: 8 multi-purpose demos
- new: Law Firm multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Smart APP multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Dental Studio multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Spa Heaven multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Construction multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Showcase multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Technology multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: Restro multi-purpose installable demo – view demo
- new: different width layout sizes – for wider websites
- new: video background with parallax
- new: image background with parallax
- new: option to save gradients as presets
- new: option to save sections (shortcodes, rows) as templates, to use them on other pages
- new: pre-made style presets shortcodes from demos
- new: full height row
- new: content vertical alignment in a row
- new: custom columns gap size
- new: multiple new layout columns options for rows/inner-rows
- new: responsive custom width columns size
- new: multiple responsive options (spacing, borders, shadows, overlay colors, backgrounds)
- new: 3 new header templates for the multi-purpose plugin
- new: Theme Panel option to enable social icons in Main Menu
- new: Theme Panel option to add a background image for header
- new: option to replace the footer with a page content (to build more complex footers using tagDiv Composer)
- new: 1 new sub-footer template for the multi-purpose plugin
- new: button shortcode
- new: call-to-action shortcode
- new: client shortcode
- new: column content shortcode
- new: column title shortcode
- new: fancy text with image shortcode
- new: food menu product shortcode
- new: hero shortcode
- new: icon shortcode
- new: icon box shortcode
- new: image info box shortcode
- new: inline single image shortcode
- new: inline text shortcode
- new: list shortcode
- new: numbered counter shortcode
- new: pricing table shortcode
- new: progress bar shortcode
- new: social icons shortcode
- new: team member shortcode
- new: testimonial shortcode
- new: text with image shortcode
- new: title over image shortcode
- new: gradient color picker
- new: responsive width option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive horizontal alignment for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive z-index option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: responsive display option for rows, columns, shortcodes
- new: Theme Panel options for multi-purpose plugin
- new: Theme Panel option to add buttons in main menu
- new: Theme Panel option to add extra information on the top menu or sub-footer like phone number or email address
- new: Theme Panel option to make a bordered website like in this demo
- new: 5 new styles for active/hover menu items for Main Menu
- new: option to set a global style for buttons
- new: Main Menu sticky colors from the Theme Panel
- fix: mobile smart list 3 title fix
- fix: spacing issue when hide meta info on post template 12/13 and mx8 module
- fix: background color on Text with title block
- fix: no comments displayed on the BuddyPress template
Version 8.2 – November 17, 2017
- improvement: Updated Visual Composer to the latest version
- improvement: Compatibility with WordPress 4.9
- fix:Weather forecast
Version 8.1.2 – October 31, 2017
- fix: Weather Widget
Version 8.1.1 – October 18, 2017
- improvement: we updated the Visual Composer to the latest version
- improvement: Updated Revolution Slider to the latest version
- fix: XSS Security issue
Version 8.1 – August 2nd, 2017
- new: We updated the Visual Composer to the latest version. If you are still using this pagebuilder, please update it.
- new: Added custom style and support for WordPress 4.8 widgets
- misc: The theme now loads the BBpress style only when the plugin is active
- misc: The List menu block now works with submenues
- misc: Instagram IDs now work with or without @
- fix: Photography demo style fixes
- fix: Post gallery shadow on image popup
- fix: Art Creek demo transitions on module thumbs
- fix: Art Creek demo installer issues
- fix: tagDiv Gallery styling issues and thumbnails display
- fix: Lifestyle demo import issues
- fix: Fitness Blog import links
- fix: Column Text Block title
- fix: margin and padding on tagDiv Composer with a value of 0
- fix: Imagebox Block bugs
- fix: Gadgets and Sound Radar demos popup bug
- fix: Tech demo preview image
- fix: ImageBox Block now works with images that don’t have a destination URL
- fix: Adspots load wrong spotID in tagDiv Composer
- fix: Various typos in our theme panel
- fix: Small issue with the full width headers with logos
- fix: Big Grid Slider Block parameters
- fix: Wedding demo fonts issue
- fix: Business demo better text aligment
- fix: Various CSS and HTML structure fixes on different parts of the theme. We finely tuned all the demos to look and feel perfect.
Version 8.0 – May 24rd, 2017
- new: The first pagebuilder ever created for blogs, news and magazine websites is now ready to transform your website. In Newspaper 8 we’ve added tagDiv Composer to give you a lighter, faster and more efficient way to build your site: right on the frontend, easier than ever, seeing every change instantly. Watch the video
- new: Live frontend LESS and CSS editor. This allows you to quickly add CSS or LESS to any page of your site
- new: Lifestyle Magazine Demo
- new: Gadgets Demo
- new: Craft Ideas Demo
- new: Business Magazine Demo
- new: Book Club Demo
- new: Architecture Blog Demo
- new: Retro Wave Demo
- new: Fitness Blog Demo
- new: Voice Report Demo
- new: Art Creek Demo
- new: Sound Radar Demo
- new: Church Mag Demo
- new: Old Fashioned Demo
- new: Photo Folio Demo
- new: All of the post Grids now support full width
- misc: We revised all the block headers and we added multiple new options for them
- misc: We redesigned all the older demos and gave them a modern look, improving every aspect of the demos
- misc: Full PHP 7.1 support
- fix: Background ad click issues
- fix: Password field on mobile phones alignment issues
- fix: WooCommerce issues
Version 7.8.1 – April 10, 2017
- improvement: we updated the Visual Composer to the latest version
- improvement: tagDiv Social Counter was updated to the latest version, this fixes the issue with Facebook
Version 7.8 – March 21st, 2017
- new: Huge improvement with the spacing of elements and the grid. We completely rewrote the grid system to allow easier full width rows and headers. Expect more full width options soon
- new: clear cache debug button for video playlists
- new: Speed Booster plugin version. Please update it if you use it.
- new: Pinterest block and widget. Show your Pinterest boards in style with this new block. Please note that this block is in testing phase.
- new: the Main Menu of the theme was redesigned from scratch
- new: Added a lot of options for colors on menu
- new: header and footer full width support
- misc: better plugin descriptions and help text
- misc: all the big grids now show a nice error message when they don’t fit in the layout of the site. (when used on one column or two)
- fix: added various missing translations to the translation panel
- fix: some block templates were not able to change color on Firefox due to a scoped style
- fix: we removed the offset from Ajax requests; this provides a better user experience with the theme and the filters
- fix: the global modal window now ignores pictures with external links. Before this update, the modal window was trying to open the external link
- fix: the jetpack sorting method on blocks now works as expected again
- fix: block header 17 on Social Counter now works as expected
- fix: Instagram images aligment issues
- fix: post template 1 featured image sizing bug
- fix: all embeds that overflow content on small screens are now fixed
- fix: repaint in Chrome browser on blocks that use Load More
- fix: the mobile theme now works with Revolution Slider as expected
Version 7.7.1 – March 13, 2017
- improvement: we updated the Visual Composer to the latest version
- improvement: updated Revolution Slider to the latest version
Version 7.7 – February 3rd, 2017
- new: this theme version has support for block templates and it comes bundled with 17 templates. A block template can change the appearance of a block’s title, pagination and more. The global block template will also affect the way comments, related posts and widgets look and feel.
- new: widgets can use block templates that are different from the global one that is selected in the panel
- new: options for Google Font weights and styles. The theme will only load the needed font weights and styles from now on
- misc: Author Box is added as a widget now
- misc: added footer social icons color option
- misc: archive widget style
- misc: The Header Style section from Theme Panel was redesigned with icons to be more user friendly
- misc: image box block now supports custom gaps between pictures and custom heights
- misc: widgets can now use an image upload control. The first widget to use this is the Imagebox widget
- misc: Google Fonts now always load as one file
- misc: the Theme Panel layout and spacing is much improved now
- misc: inline ad displays at the last paragraph whenever there are not as many paragraphs mentioned in After Paragraph field and the article bottom ad is not active
- misc: we updated the list of compatible plugins in the theme
- fix: we updated the Instagram icon
- fix: pulldown filter alignment on category template 8
- fix: the image caption link on smartlists was not working
- fix: the tagline from the text logo
- fix: the Instagram widget on the boxed version was overflowing
- fix: the password reset link that was sent from our login modal window was not working
- fix: for BuddyPress styling issue – members, activity, groups pages and search form
- fix: we switched to https all the post sharing links
- fix: the mobile theme did not load the translations from the theme’s .po .mo files
- fix: the not secured warning in Chrome now only appears when the login box is opened
- fix: theme action error in the Status panel when the theme is already activated
- fix: the featured images from Vimeo videos are now larger
- fix: Ajax login works now via https
- fix: the Sample plugin that shows how to add new modules and blocks works as expected now. It was giving a fatal error
Version 7.6.1 – January 26th, 2017
- fix: We modified the login modal window code to only appear on the page when front page login is enabled. This makes sure that some versions of Chrome browser will not mark the site as Not Secure.
Version 7.6 – December 20th, 2016
- misc: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 5.0.1
- misc: the Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version
- misc: full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- new: DEMO – Beauty blog – a fresh and simple blog demo. Easy to use and beautifully designed
- new: The Plugin Page from where a user installs the included plugins was completely redesigned to be more user friendly.
- new: added support for block templates overwritten via the Theme API system in demos. All future demos can now load different block templates if needed.
- misc: css fixes in the Theme Panel and the welcome screen
- misc: we finally updated the social icons and we also removed the icons for dead services (Picasa, Posterous etc)
- misc: the Social Networks panel now checks each input to be correct; this prevents user errors and bad URLs that are supposed to go to social networks profiles but instead go to 404 pages on the site
- misc: we removed the max-width from srcset on images and the responsive images on mobile now work as expected
- misc: Translation panel information text
- misc: on Android, when a user uses the mobile search, it will autofocus on the input field now
- fix: password protected comments now work as expected
- fix: Facebook videos that are in the content of the post now work and resize as expected
- fix: Font panel CSS issues
- fix: the tag Ajax filter now displays the tags in the order of the IDs the user selects. Before it was alphabetically
- fix: Home breadcrumb does not appear as structured data as required by the Google metadata testing tool
- fix: smartlists that had image captions with HTML were broken. Now we fixed them.
- fix: category sorting options were not working sometimes.
Version 7.5 – November 1st, 2016
- new: Author block – this block shows the author’s picture, socials and description. All in a nice and customizable design.
- new: image box block – this block is not just a simple image, it can be used to create banners, show featured categories with custom images or just to show some images. It is auto adjusting and fully customizable.0
- fix: overlapping of Visual Composer and Newspaper tooltips while editing a page after the first install
- misc: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
- misc: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
- misc: added used on for thumbnails in Theme Panel
- misc: file path and names are now visible on hover on each module, smart list, template etc.
- misc: breadcrumbs markup, added BreadcrumbList schema
- misc: in the System status panel, the theme now shows the license key used on the current install and we also have a button to remove the license from the install.
- fix: our blocks sometimes had issues auto adjusting the column count when placed in an inner row that is in a row
- fix: wrong recommended columns in Visual Composer, new users found it difficult to find out on what column layouts our blocks work best
- fix: drag and drop metabox flicker in wp-admin while editing a page
Version 7.4 – September 12th, 2016
- new: We are very happy to announce that this version of the theme supports retina featured images.
- new: Twitter video support
- fix: Social Counter header can be changed again
- fix: footer copyright section on mobile theme now works as expected
- fix: fixed author name on mobile theme + theme logo
- fix: various bbPress css fixes
- fix: category template subcategory dropdown list color
- fix: better aligment for images without any aligment option (left, middle or right)
- fix: cleaned up the Social Counter CSS
- fix: WordPress RSS widget was broken
- new: all blocks can now have custom classnames in the wrapper. The class can be added in Visual Composer while editing the block.
Version 7.3 – July 26th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
- new: support for Facebook featured videos. If a video from Facebook is set as featured, the theme can automatically download the thumb and generate the embed player.
- new: login, register and forgot password Ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
- new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
- new: added support for parallax speed on rows
- new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
- new: fixed the blocks Ajax filters. Now, when padding is added from the design tab, the Ajax filters will work as expected
- new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
- misc: we cleaned the Theme Panel and the code is more organized now
- misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
- misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
- misc: various Google Webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
- misc: the main theme loader is smoother now
- misc: added class to comment titles
- misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
- fix: bookmarklet missing on mobile theme
- fix: vertical sidebar text on admin TinyMCE editor
- fix: Recipes demo spacing issue
Version 7.2 – July 6th, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
- new: We added the Design options tab on most of the blocks.
- new: Added support for custom fonts in the Theme Panel that are uploaded via the WordPress Media Gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
- new: the Weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
- misc: block paramers now have a better description
- misc: we fully rewrote the Trending Now block, it’s now cleaner and it works better
- misc: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
- misc: the Media Gallery that is used in the Theme Panel is now less cluttered and without the unused options
- fix: the Close button for the mobile menu was fixed
- fix: long author names now work fine on td_block_16 shortcode
- fix: long Instagram user IDs now appear as expected on the widget and block
- fix: background ad now works as expected
- fix: styling issue on the install demos Panel
- fix: Exchange widget and block issue on some servers because we use https to acces the API
- fix: Instagram widget warnings with wp-debug on when no Instagram ID was present
- fix: mobile menu background height is now as expected
- fix: HTML in footer copyright is not striped now
More info about Newspaper
- Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
- Custom colors, selectable for each category
- Fast loading newspaper section
- Responsive design
- Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
- Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
Newspaper is fast
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper are loading! As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme so that Newspaper loads extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to ThemeForest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of the Newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.