This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
Hello, this theme have a ads configuration in the theme settings? can I add an adsense block under the post title or under the metainformation (that is under the post title) in some option of the ads configuration of the theme?
By default there is no any special Ads settings. But you can use special plugins for this or add your Ads directly via theme files.
Yeah I taught to use plugins too… Did you test some ads plugin with this theme? I’m thinking to use “WP PRO Advertising System – All In One Ad Manager”, available in codecanyon. Do you know if is compatible with your theme?
No, but I can’t see a reason why they wouldn’t be compatible.
Hello, whats your email or site to support about some functions of the theme?
Hi, is your theme compatible with WooCommerce 2.4? Thanks!
By default it’s not compatible with WooCommerce. But you can easily integrate it – https://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/
Hello, I have a problem when embed self hosted video. I embed using “add media” menu
please check this screen capture http://snag.gy/KcOJ4.jpg
Please help me
And what the problem is? Please clarify.
The problem is on the player, you can see on the screen capture. First block is video player and just contain black screen with video toolbar. Second block is below social share logo. Video playing on this block not on first block. Actually i just embed 1 video on this post.
Do you understand what i mean? If you doesn’t understand i will create video screen capture to show you the problem
Try deactivating all plugins. If that resolves the issue, reactivate each one individually until you find the cause.
I just use jwplayer plugin, and i’ve try to deactive this plugin but no success. The problem still exist
I need access to WP admin panel, to see what the problem is. Send me a message through my profile
- Fixed: Minor bugs
- Added: Option for a custom video
Is it possible to create multiple pages similar to the homepage layout on the the demo site, so that each page could display different categories? Thanks.
It’s possible via Page Builder plugins, like Visual Composer etc.
Let me know if you have any other questions or need further clarification.
Hi, the theme looks great. are there any plans to introduce voting on articles, and social login? some other kb themes have this. thanks
Thank you for your interest in our theme.
We recommend to use third-party plugins for this. It’s more safer and more flexible.
TechDesk v 1.08 available for Download [2016-10-04]
Hi, I have problem with acces to forum. My question is how can i changed the color of widgets
Hi. For the sidebar widgets you can change in the widget options. For the main widget (categories with subcategories) you must specify color for the category (Articles->Categories)
TechDesk v 1.09 available for Download [2016-11-25]
Hello, before buying this theme I need to know some questions.
I’ve seen in your homepage live preview you have different boxes.
The first option is a category and the rest of data are ‘entries’.
1- I need to change these 'entries' for 'subcategories' of the main item.
2.- I would like to order these subcategories by different criteria. Sometimes by according to the number of visits, others by the most searched..., and others.
1. Do you mean something like this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz98ie6ijm4k2eo/TechDesk1.png?dl=0
2. Unfortunately no such feature.
1. Yes, it can be changed. But need additional development work.
2. Unfortunately no.
I have some Questions:
1. I use the TechDesk v 1.02 – how can I update to a new version – must I make all the steps 1.03, 1.04….etc 1.09?
2. Where can I get the files for update`?
3. When I update will it kill all my changes in functions.php etc?
4. On the frontpage and side boxes – I have the line ….9 Months old – no comments. Can I cut out the info “x comments”?
1. Yes, you need to replace all the files from 1.03 to 1.09 versions. Or you can replace entire theme directory in case you use a child theme.
2. You can download the latest version on ThemeForest.
4. It’s possible, but needed customization work.
Hi, I want to know if the theme is compatible with WPML language plugin.
Yes, this theme fully compatible with the WPML.
TechDesk v 1.10 available for Download [2017-02-26]
is there full width blog post?
By default no such feature, but this can be changed esily.
Is it possible to replace the color background with image? (like on front page the color block categories)
Hello. Yes, it’s possible. Go to “Appearance -> TechDesk Options -> Styling Settings -> Default Background Settings” in WP admin panel and specify Uploaded or Predefined images.
Options for fullscreen images:
- Use Predefined Background Image / BG Color / Upload Your Image: Uploaded
- Background Attachment: Fixed/Scroll
- Background Repeat: No-repeat
- Background Position: Full Screen
- Uploaded Background Image: Upload your image for BG
Hit “Save All Changes”. That’s all.
Hi there Zerge
I’m really like this theme, one problem though, CT-shortcodes doesn’t work for me. When clicking an option the interface loads but it’s 100% white. Just a white screen, any idea why?
Hi. Thanks for your question. I’ll check and let you know.
I checked it. I can see a window with shortcodes but it works not correctly. I will try to fix shortcodes in the next update. Thank you.
Two quick questions:
1. How do I select how many sticky articles show up on the front page? Right now it looks like by default that all articles are showing up.
2. How do I select categories to show up on the front page? I’ve played around with adding CT: Categories with sub-categories and CT: Custom categories, but none of them seem to be showing up?
Thank you for your questions.
1. Unfortunately, Sticky widget displays all sticky posts. I will try to add new options in the next update.
2. For excluding some categories you should use widget “CT:Categories With Sub-Categories Widget”. Enter tag_ID of categories with separated by a comma which you want to hide in the field “Exclude categories:”. You can to know tag_id for each category if you will hover on category in the “Articles->Categories” in the WP admin panel (tag_id will be show in the status bar your browser). I agree with you is not entirely convenient
Thank you for the quick response! For the second question, my issue is that no matter what I tinker with, no categories are showing up. Is there something specific that I need to check off before the category widget works?
You should create a new page and specify template for it (specify template in the right side in the page settings.. below button “Publish”).
After it go to “Settings->Readings” choose “A static page (select below) -> Front page” and select your new page.. Click “Save Changes”.
You can see more here https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page .
To follow up, perhaps I didn’t phrase the questions well: 1) I didn’t mark anything as sticky and so far all articles show up on the front page. How do I mark certain articles (posts) as sticky and others not? 2) I’m still talking about articles (posts) and not pages, and I have no way of making an entire category show up, even though I have made categories under the Articles section. So far, the home page I can create only has the most recent articles, and playing around with widgets on the home page doesn’t seem to make a difference.
Please provide me access to the your wp admin panel via my profile
I know I can change the background color of the Side-widgets at the the widget menu and inside the widget (last posting etc.). But: where can I cange the color for a Textbox-Widget?
Hi, if do you mean a Standard Text Widget then it’s impossible with standard options. It’s posible using CSS styles for text widget.
Hello, I`ve a pre-purchase question:
My client want to make something similar to a wikipedia but for musicians.
The content will be articles about musicians, mp3 files, and files to download.
Can I do this kind of site with your theme?
Thanks for your answer
HI. Thank you for the question.
In the demo, you can see all the pages that can be displayed.
Home – http://wp.color-theme.com/techdesk/ (categories with sub-categories), http://wp.color-theme.com/techdesk/giving-wordpress-its-own-directory – single post,
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $16
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work